Jeep Australia has announced that it is making a five-year warranty, lifetime roadside assistance and capped price scheduled servicing standard across the entire Jeep range. The package, dubbed the ‘Jeep There & Back Guarantee’, is a bold move designed to knock recent reliability concerns on the head and inject some life into the brands recent sales collapse.
“The Jeep There & Back Guarantee is the next step in our commitment to improve the Jeep ownership experience,” said Jeep Australia CEO Steve Zanlunghi.
“This is not a limited-time offer or a short term promotion. It forms a fundamental component of our business going forward and it’s a commitment to our owners now and in the future.”
All MY17 Jeep vehicles sold in February 2017 will come with a fully transferable, five-year manufacturer’s warranty. MY16 Jeep vehicles sold from February 2017 will combine the standard three-year manufacturer’s warranty with a two- year extended warranty provided by Eric Insurance Limited.
Jeep Australia is also offering all new Jeep customers free roadside assistance, which will continue on after the warranty period has expired for the lifetime of the vehicle, provided the vehicle is serviced within the authorised Jeep dealer network.
Anyone that purchased an MY15 or MY16 Jeep before February 2017, can elect to buy a plus-two year extended warranty, coupled with an additional two years roadside and five-years capped price scheduled servicing for $1950 (incl GST). MY15 & MY16 customers will be eligible for Jeep’s lifetime roadside assist if they service their vehicle though the Jeep dealer network after their warranty has expired.
In addition to the five-year warranty and lifetime roadside assist, Jeep Australia has streamlined service intervals for 2017 models, claiming that advances in production, materials and supplier processes makes extended intervals possible. The revised service intervals are 15,000km or 12months for petrol models, and 20,000km or 12months for diesel models.
Jeep Australia, in conjunction with Mopar, has introduced the following servicing plans: 3 Year Easy Care pre-paid scheduled maintenance plan, 5 Year Easy Care pre-paid scheduled maintenance plan and the Oil Care pre-paid plan for oil and filter changes.
For anyone concerned about the level of service provided by Jeep’s dealer network, and the pricing and availability of parts (previously a serious issue), Jeep Australia has taken the following actions to improve dealer support and the customer experience:
- 360 Degree Dealer Service Coaching Program, to educate and better equip dealers with techniques to improve management of their workshops and better meet the service needs of their customers
- Parts Pricing Reduction, to lower the cost of servicing and ownership
- Direct Line Haul Shipping, between Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane to ensure swift parts delivery to reduce inconvenience and improve fix
- Increased Parts Warehouse, by 200% to establish a 96% parts fill rate ensuring timely access to parts and a reduction in service wait times
- Increased Field Team, to help increase responsiveness for dealers, manage technical issues and provide resolutions to customers
- Three Tier Customer Call Centre and Increased Staff, to reduce wait times and improve resolutions and enquiry
- Real Time Net Promoter Score Program, to ensure dealers can respond to customer survey’s immediately and resolve potential issues
The Jeep There & Back Guarantee goes live on Friday 24 February.